Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I belong to Yahoo Rughookers. They had a Christmas swap. I have seen their swaps before but never tried one. This year I decided to do it. I hadn't been hooking as much as I used to and figured it would force me to get back into it. I was right. At first I was going to do a loon/mountain/lake scene but I really love the look of squares. I love how when you alternate where the light and dark go, the squares seem to change sizes. Then I tried log cabin filling the squares for the leaves. This was fun too and gave even more movement. This was so much fun! I used mostly left over hand-dyed strips from other rugs, 3 and 4 cut mostly. In case you need the interpretation, the bottom is water, the middle is autumn leaves and the top is sky. The cloud was done is wool roving. There was also some yarn mixed in here as I recently went to an ATHA meeting and was so enthralled my the look of a rug I saw there, that mixed yarn and strips in wavy rows. It was mesmerizing. Anyway, thanks to this swap, I am totally back into hooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment